AMC 8: American Mathematics Contest-8
The AMC 8 is a 25-question, 40-minute, multiple choice examination in middle school mathematics designed to promote the development and enhancement of problem-solving skills.
NSS students took AMC-8 test on November 17, Tuesday.
Participants are awarded with Certificate of Participation and will receive the following awards based on their scores.
o MAA Intramural Awards
* A Certificate of Distinction is given to all students who receive a perfect score.
* An AMC 8 Winner Pin is given to the student(s) in each school with the highest score.
* The top three students for each school section will receive respectively a gold, silver, or bronze Certificate for Outstanding Achievement.
* An AMC 8 Honor Roll Certificate is given to all high scoring students.
* An AMC 8 Merit Certificate is given to high scoring students who are in 6th grade or below.